About Burgess Associates – Specialising in M&E Commercial Management
Burgess Associates Ltd provides a cost effective and reliable Construction Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying service to its clients assisting with controlling cost and risk, and adding value to projects while becoming an integral part of the client’s successful business.
Our Team provides a unique blend of Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management experience with extensive knowledge in the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Industry. Between us we currently have over 150 years experience.
Located in the North of England at East Leeds Airport at Church Fenton between Leeds and York, we undertake works on National basis. East Leeds has excellent transport links by road from M1, A1 and M62 and rail links to Leeds and York.
Our offices offer a good quality working environment with comfortable meeting room facilities which are available for our clients’ use.
We provide our Services to blue chip national, regional and SME Contractors specialising in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services.
We provide Commercial Management through the Cost Planning, Estimating & Construction phases to Final Accounts including Loss and Expense Claims; advising contractual position and the rights and obligations of the parties.
We also offer a retention and aged debt recovery service.
Contract types we have experience of include bespoke client terms and conditions (including PFI), JCT, NEC, RT and FIDIC.
We would be pleased to offer flexible fee options on a basis to suit a client’s needs either on a fixed fee basis, percentage recovery, no win no fee basis or day rate.
We can undertake all commercial duties, including:-
- Full or part time Quantity Surveying
- Validation of Contracts identifying Risk and Opportunity
- Negotiation of Sub-Contracts and Collateral Warranties
- Negotiation of Domestic Sub-Contracts
- Drafting contractual Notices & correspondence
- Monthly Financial Reviews
- Interim Valuations
- Cost and Cash flow Forecasting
- Take offs, Measurement & Valuation of additional or omitted Works
- Claims, Additional Preliminaries, Extension of Time
- Loss and Expense and Acceleration
- Daywork Accounts
- Final Accounts
- Sub-Contractor Accounts and Payment Notices
- Defending spurious contra charge accounts
- Recovery of aged debt and outstanding retentions.